The Entity

My photo
Kajang, Selangor, Malaysia
Assalamualaikum. Writing all the way from Belgaum, Karnataka, India. Missing Malaysia so much. But everything is just perfectly fine here. India makes people not just live, but SURVIVE. :)

Welcome Message

And remember, it always rain hard for those who deserve The Sun. :)

Monday 22 March 2010

Priority Of A Woman

Today, as I was sitting in the train heading back to Kajang, I saw a woman about the age of 30 and a small boy who I assumed as his son. The woman wore a very rugged t-shirt and she didn't put anything on to make herself look more attractive. However, I was so delightful when I saw the way she took care of her son. She fed him and she wiped the boy's face a few time showing care and tender. 

Soon I began to wonder. Perhaps, a few decades ago, the woman, never thought that she would be like that. Maybe, at the teenage years, she might had been thinking of becoming a princess. A beautiful dress, and putting a lot of make ups, driving luxurious car, having a rich husband, and a happy-ever after life with her family. Maybe she had never thought of becoming rugged, fat, non-attractive and had a son. 

Now, let's go back to the above title. As a soon-to be grown up woman, I sometimes, do have the visions of becoming a great person. At this age, I rather look at what I'm going to be, what career will I pursue in the near future. I bet my family know how badly I have this passion for science and Biology and how I really want to be a doctor from a start. I never thought of being married nor having children, so there where the debate between my mom and I comes a few days ago.

According to dear mom, I am a moderate student. I have a very slight capability to pursue medicine since my results in SPM and at college didn't brighten her mood. I have been a slow-catcher and maybe I have to take other courses as my second option. Besides, I also have this doubt about being a medical doctor. Failing to get scholarships is another problem, which worsen my condition. But, there are a lot of other scholarships which of course very little of them offering to do medicine. Thus, to be successful, I have to rethink and reconsider which path that I am most suited in. 

My mom did tell me once, that as a woman, soon later when you reach to a certain age, you might want to marry, have kids and want to quit working. Women's place is still at home with kids. While, according to her again, if I become a doctor, I would be incredibly busy attending working schedules which I already take note. My father agreed with my mom in this matter as well. So, it's really difficult for me to continue my passion and attaining what I want without having their full supports. I have difficulties in finance as the secong thing which make me dizzy, as I know I will put them in a heavy burden if I did want to continue doing medicine at Russia. However, I do want to study medicine despite any challenges ahead, and at the same momento, I couldn't hurt or burden my family since I'm the eldest child in the family. 

Therefore, here are my second options: pursuing actuarial science after listening to some advice by a lecturer from UiTM. It's a sad thing for me which cause me to have this bad fever, and somehow or rather, I wish goodluck to those who successfully on their way to reach their dream. 








1 comment:

Anonymous said...

i came across, quality web site
the way to write blog posts that will smash in visitors:
http://tinyurl.com/ylj3rxw