Asasi Sains is a full time preparatory predegree programme to prepare students for entrance to Science and Technology degree programmes in UiTM or other local public Institutions of Higher Learning (IPTA). The duration of the programme is 2 semesters with 32 credits. Students will be prepared with a strong science background which is required to pursue degree programmes in related courses. (Conducted at Puncak Alam, Shah Alam)
Upon completion of this program, students with a CGPA of at least 2.50 may pursue degree programmes in various Science and Technology related Faculties in UiTM such as:
- Faculty of Applied Science
- Faculty of Health Sciences
- Faculty of Sport Science and Recreation
- Faculty of Computer and Mathematical Sciences
Students wishing to pursue degree courses in the
- Faculty of Medicine (insyaALLAH)
- Faculty of Dentistry or
- Faculty of Pharmacy
in UiTM must score a CGPA of at least 3.50 (BETTER IF U GET 4.00). They are then eligible to attend the Pre-Medicine course conducted by the Faculty of Medicine, UiTM. They must also score a Band 3 for their MUET (MUET pulak dah =.=) with minimum credits for all science subjects in their SPM examination. Also a minimum of A- in Biology and Chemistry and a B+ in Mathematics and Physics at the Asasi Sains level are required. The course runs for 5 weeks at the end of the second semester with the sole purpose of exposing students to a life at the Faculty of Medicine.
Candidates who wish to enter this programme must fulfill university requirement and possess the minimum qualifications as follows:
- An excellent result in SPM or its equivalent achieving at least two distinction A- grades and two credit B grades for the following 4 subjects: Physics, Chemistry, Biology and Additional Mathematics.
- Candidates must score at least a credit B+ grade in English AND a credit C grade in Bahasa Malaysia.